Kelliher was assigned its name as part of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railroad between 1900 and 1910. Back when the Grand Trunk Railway Company was planning a western expansion of their establish rail system, an unknown person devised an alphabetical naming scheme to name all of the un-named stations and sidings, starting in Manitoba, cycling five full rounds of the alphabet, and starting a sixth before finally ending at Prince Rupert, British Columbia. Kelliher was part of the second round, between Jasmin and LeRoss.
Kelliher was named after B.B. Kelliher, the Chief Engineer of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railroad at the time.
Here are links to some online resources regarding the history of Kelliher:
Historic aerial photo of Kelliher in the 1950's
website of the Village of Kelliher
The cache is a winter-friendly camo'd match container with a log sheet and a pencil.