REALLY SideTracked - Little Eaton
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This micro is situated on Station Road approximately 50m from the former Little Eaton Station where a platform and track remain on private land.
Little Eaton railway station was a railway station which served the village of Little Eaton in Derbyshire, England. It was opened in 1856 by the Midland Railway on its Ripley branch from Little Eaton Junction (approximately 3 miles north of Derby) to Ripley. It was the first station on leaving the main line at Little Eaton Junction and approximately a quarter of a mile away. Passenger services finished in 1930, though the station handled goods until 1965. The paper mill sidings remained in use for a little while afterwards and the line itself remained open to Denby for coal traffic until the late twentieth century. Practically nothing is now left of the station apart from the track and the remnants of the platform. The Station House is now private housing.
Gnxr n erfg naq unir n srry nebhaq