Skip to content

The Kiev Fortress. The Vasilkovsky Fort. Mystery Cache

Hidden : 1/30/2016
Difficulty:
3.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1 out of 5

Size: Size:   micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

Geocaching Ukraine

EN

This cache is dedicated to The Vasilkovsky Fort, object of Kiev fortress.

RU

Этот тайник посвящен объектам Васильковского укрепления Киевской крепости.


EN

Tower №1 (N50 25.508 E30 32.267) was erected in the heart of Vasilkovsky fort.  The building of Construction began in 1831 and lasted about six years. Wall gates were set somewhat later - in the years 1838-1839. At first the tower was a two-story, and was intended for the officers' barracks. Kiev provincial garrison battalion was located. However, from 1839 it was used as a military hospital, and later served as a prison. However, over time it again became a barracks. In 1897, in the outer facades of the tower cut through the window, and on the part of the building built on the third floor.
In 1833, at the Pechersk started a new building of three similar objects.
One of t the most famous today is Tower №2 (N50 25.462 E30 32.479), its located on the Boulevard Lesia Ukrainka. Tower №2 built during 11 years. It was intended for battalion and was connected to the tower №1 defensive wall, which is partially preserved. In 1863 the tower «redeveloped" in the remand prison. In particular, it contained the participants of the Polish uprising which was suppressed by Russian troops. Prisoners of preparing an escape, managed to dig an underground passage. At the end of the trial of a Polish patriot tower again became a barracks.
In the same 1833, started to build a tower №4 (N50 25.755 E30 32.555), located in the rear building of the Central Election Commission. Because of the small size it was called "small tower». It was built as a defense barracks for 500 soldiers and 22 guns. With its tower №2 linked earthworks on the that place which was subsequently built shooting gallery but is not exist now. The fate of the premises is still to be determined.
Only in 1838 started to construct the tower №3 (N50 25.599 E30 32.038). The building was intended for the quartering of the battalion with artillery and small arms. A feature of the tower №3 was that it had a church. In this temple in 1841 moved from the neighboring estates which was planned to demolish, the remains of Field Marshal Prince Alexander Prozorovsky. According to the decree of Emperor Nicholas I, the tower was named as Prozorovskaya.

RU

Башня №1 (N50 25.508 E30 32.267) была возведена в самом центре Васильковского укрепления. Ее строительство началось в 1831 году и длилось 6 лет. Стена с воротами появилась несколько позднее – в 1838-1839 годах. Башня первоначально была двухэтажной и предназначалась для офицерских казарм. В ней располагался Киевский губернский гарнизонный батальон. Однако уже с 1839-го она использовалась как военный госпиталь, а впоследствии служила тюрьмой. Впрочем, со временем она вновь стала казармой. В 1897 году на внешних фасадах башни прорезали окна, а над частью здания надстроили третий этаж.

В 1833 году на Печерске начали возводиться еще три аналогичных объекта.

Из них сегодня наиболее известна башня №2 (N50 25.462 E30 32.479), находящаяся на бульваре Леси Украинки. Башня №2 строилась 11 лет. Она предназначалась для размещения батальона и соединялась с башней №1 оборонной стеной, которая частично сохранилась. В 1863-м башню «перепрофилировали» в следственную тюрьму. В частности, здесь содержались участники польского восстания, подавленного русскими войсками. Узники, готовя побег, сумели вырыть подземный ход. По окончании процесса над польскими патриотами башня вновь стала казармой.

В том же 1833-м начали строить и башню №4 (N50 25.755 E30 32.555), находящуюся в тылу здания Центральной избирательной комиссии. Из-за небольших размеров ее называли «малой башней». Она строилась как оборонная казарма, рассчитанная на 500 военнослужащих и 22 пушки. С башней №2 ее связывал земляной вал, на месте которого впоследствии был сооружен стрелецкий тир, не сохранившийся до наших дней. Дальнейшая судьба этого помещения по-прежнему не определена.

Лишь в 1838-м начали сооружать башню №3 (N50 25.599 E30 32.038) . Здание предназначалось для расквартирования батальона с артиллерийским и стрелковым вооружением. Особенностью башни №3 являлось то, что в ней имелась церковь. В этот храм в 1841 году перенесли из соседней усадьбы, подлежавшей сносу, прах генерал-фельдмаршала князя Александра Прозоровского. Согласно указу императора Николая I, башня получила название Прозоровской.

**************************************

If the search for a container is difficult, then you can make 6 calls.

Если поиск контейнера затруднен, то вы можете сделать 6 звонков.

 

* * *



You can validate your puzzle solution with certitude.


Flag Counter

Additional Hints (No hints available.)