The cache is not at the published coordinates, but is a short walk away.
The post and phone boxes are separated by the road and square. Headline coordinates take you to The Square. Any information gathered from phone numbers include the STD code.
All you need to do is gather the following information:
N: 50° 1A.BCD
W: 004° 4E.FGH
- A= The first digit in the Saturday collection time
- B= The second digit in the post box number (PL?? ???D)
- C= The sixth digit in the phone box phone number
- D= The third digit in the phone box postcode (PL?? ?BU)
- E= The fifth digit of the phone box phone number
- F= The first and second digits of the post box number added together
- G= The second digit of the phone box post code (PL?? ?BU)
- H= The first digit of the Mon to Fri collection time minus the first digit of the later collection time from Pentewan Post Office
The Fine Pair series was originally started by wizardsmum but is now managed by mattd2k
If anybody would like to place 'A Fine Pair' of their own please do. I would just ask that you first visit www.afinepair.co.uk to request a number to avoid any duplication
mattd2k also keeps a public Bookmark List of this series. Once your cache is published please contact him via email@example.com to have yours added
Chances are that the path will be muddy, so a good pair of boots or wellies are advisable.
Please reseal the little bag holding the log book to keep it dry. The cache is a small click lock tub, so small TB's and geocoins will fit.
Toilets are seasonal, open between Easter and October.
Update 16/7/16 - The toilets now have a 20p charge to use them.
Congratulations to Firebird71 on her FTF and for the photo of the FP to get me motivated to place it