EN
Chrestowosdwyschenska zerkwa was built in Kyiv's Podil district on the west side of Zamkova Hora hill by a guild of kozumyaky’s area, whose craft shop belonging to the Kyiv Brotherhood in the 1746-1748. It is dedicated to the Exaltation of the Holy Cross.
The 1811 Great fire of Podil (Velyka pozhezha) occurred on the morning of July 9, 1811 in the historical and commercial neighborhood of Podil. The fire lasted for three days and almost destroyed the whole neighborhood.
More than 2,000 homes, magistrate buildings, 12 churches, and 3 monasteries were destroyed in the fire and Chrestowosdwyschenska zerkwa was destroyed too.
After that the church rebuilt again. In 1841, new stone church was consecrated.

In 1860 and 1914 were made an extension to the church with paintings by Gregory Svetlitsky.
In 1891, Mikhail Bulgakov was baptized in the church.
UK
Хрестовоздвиженська церква була споруджена в Києві на Подолі в 1746-1748 рр. з західної сторони Замкової гори на кошти мешканців прилеглої місцевості Кожум'яки, чий ремісничий цех належав до Київського братства.
Під час руйнівної пожежі 1811 року згорів майже весь Поділ, не вберігся і цей храм.
Після пожару, церков відбудували заново з каменю. У 1841 році оновлений кам'яний храм було освячено.

У 1860 та 1914 рр. здійснені добудови, до початку ХХ ст. належать і розписи виконані Григорієм Світлицьким.
У 1891 році в храмі отримав хрещення Булгаков Михайло Опанасович.
************************************
1946

2016

************************************
