N FA CE.BGE
W DE GD.EGA
Location #1:N43 59.871 W79 27.923
Aurora Public Library is located at 15145 Young Street. The library moved here in 2001 but Aurora has had public library service since 1855 with the founding of the Aurora Association for the Diffusion of Helpful Knowledge. Number is within the address. The old public library was built in 196A to commemorate the centennial of Aurora. Number is on plaque to the left of the doorway.
Location #2: N43 59.899 W79 27.976
This building located at 16 Mosley Street is currently the Aurora Naturopathic Clinic, but used to be the New Connexion Methodist Church; it is the oldest building in the precinct and was built in 1B56. Number is on the historic plaque.
Location #3: N43 59.901 W79 27.938
Victoria Hall, located at 2C Mosley Street was constructed in 1883 to house the Disciples of Christ congregation; it has since been used as Aurora’s library, as “Health Hall”, a polling place and is currently used for events and public programs. Number is within street address.
Location #4: N 43 59.906 W79 27.902
Mechanics Hall is now known as Holy Forty Martyrs of Sebaste Romanian Orthodox Church. But it has been many things since being built in 18D0 by the Aurora Mechanics Institute and Library Association including concert hall, Lion’s Club Hall, and home to a textile manufacturer. Behind you is also St. Andrews Presbyterian, whose congregation began in 1871, they met in Mechanics Hall until their first building was completed in 1873, because the congregation continued to grow the first church was demolished and replaced in 1962. Number is on historic plaque.
Location #5: N43 59.928 W79 27.826
The Aurora Masonic Hall is located at 57 Mosley Street and is the home to The Rising Sun Lodge #129, Delta Lodge #634 and Robertson Lodge #2E2. It was constructed in 1877 as a Methodist Episcopal Church and purchased by the Rising Sun Lodge in 1885. Number is on plaque at doorway.
Location #6: N43 59.929 W79 27.790
Town Park was purchased from John Mosley in 1867 and has been a focus of community activity for many years. Located within the park is the drill shed built in 187F for the 12th Battalion, York Rangers. Many celebrations, picnics, sporting events and fairs have been held within the park. Number is on Town of Aurora Heritage Committee plaque.
Location #7:N43 59.832 W79 27.890
Trinity Anglican Church began 1836 with the donation of land for the construction of a church. The first frame church was built in 1846 and Trinity Anglican has continued to grow with its congregation. This included the building of the brick rectory in 1862, and the building of the current church in 1883 by architect Marshall B. Aylesworth. The church has also had different parish halls over time including one used from 1897-19G3 which was the old hall of the Rising Sun Masonic Lodge, moved to be used for this purpose. Number is on stone near door.
Location #8: N43 59.846 W79 27.931
GG Church Street is the location of the Aurora Museum & Archives as well as the Aurora Cultural Centre. The former Church Street School was built in the 1885-1886 and was in use as a school until 1952, the building is Victorian in design and was influenced by Indian architecture, which was popular in the 1880s, as a result of the expansion of the British Empire. Look up for number!