The Lyne burn flows into the Forth here, under a disused railway bridge.
The railway line was last used in 1993. During the Falklands war in 1982, this line carried five trains per day. It cannot be used again, as the track no longer exists beyond the gate at the west end of the bridge.
A public path above the shore, with good views of the Forth, follows the line of the disused railway to an area which has belonged to the Admiralty for 100 years. The Admiralty boundary was denoted by a marker in 1916.