THERE ARE WILD BOAR HERE IN THE FOREST SO DOG OWNERS ARE ADVISED TO KEEP THEIR DOGS ON A LEAD. See PWR IVTree log by rubyseekers 17/4/17
About Whitecroft Station
Dean Forest Railway, Goucestershire
The station originally opened on 23 September 1875, and closed on 8 July 1929 when passenger services ceased. It was re-opened to passengers on 25 May 2012 by the Dean Forest Railway after the reconstruction of a four-coach platform on the Pillowell (up) side of the line, with the new station building being constructed in traditional Severn and Wye style. In 2016 the station project won an award from the Campaign to Protect Rural England.
Future developments in Whitecroft will include doubling the track through the station, the construction of the second (down) platform on the Bream side of the line and the addition of a goods shed.
For train times see http://www.deanforestrailway.co.uk/