The Brandon village war memorial is an Obelisk, 10 feet high, tapering, set on a pedestal resting on four steps. There is a cross raised in half relief on the front face of the column. ,
The memorial was designed by Charles Walker and built by J Walker of Alum Waters. It was unveiled on 20th July 1921 by Lt Col J A Ritson of Durham Light Infantry and dedicated by the Rev Moulsdale, principal of St.Chad’s College, Durham University. It originally stood in the cemetery.
***** PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT *****
CACHES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE PLACED ON ACTUAL MEMORIALS OR WITHIN THE BOUNDARY OF SUCH
AT ALL TIMES PLEASE TREAT LOCATIONS OF MEMORIALS WITH RESPECT