John William Fleming (1868-1928)
John was born on a farm near Stanley, New Brunswick on February 25, 1868. He moved to Sackville, New Brunswick with his family and received his education here. He then attended Mount Allison University. In 1881 his family moved to Brandon. His Dad opened the first pharmacy and John managed this until 1903 when he took over the business. He was a founding member of the Manitoba Association of Optometrists.
Fleming served two terms as Mayor or Brandon. This cache is in honor of his second term where he served from 19011 to 1913.
He was a member of the Brandon Club, Brandon Golf Club, Polo Club, Lacarosse Club and the Canadian Club.
John lived at 338 Victoria Avenue in Brandon. He passed away on November 10, 1928 and was buried in the Brandon Cemetery.
