Plati - the inhabited island
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Plati - the inhabited island.
Cache hidden as my 50th, it had to be special
- Plati is a tiny island situated between two larger islands of Pserimos and Kalymnos.
- According to one of the travel guides, Plati island was only inhabited by a couple of people.
- There is a story that Greeks felt that it was too dangerous for them to have an uninhabited island near the Turkish border, so the government subsidised a house for someone who was willing to settle on the island.
- The only way to get on the island is by boat. You won't need any other tools to find this cache. It is a small clip-box 450 ml with logbook, pen and 1 TB for first person. Please, put the cache on it's place and mask it well.
- Upload a photo with views and cache, it will be very kind :) You can also put the cache into plastic bag to protect it from disasters.
- Happy caching!
Va gur ohfu, haqre fgbarf