Midgham railway station is a railway station named after the village of Midgham in Berkshire, England.
In fact the station is in the nearby valley bottom village of Woolhampton and some distance downhill from Midgham village itself.
The line from Reading to Hungerford was planned by the Berks and Hants Railway, and before it was opened, it was absorbed by the Great Western Railway (GWR). The station at Woolhampton was opened with the line on 21 December 1847; it was originally named "Woolhampton" but on 1 March 1873 was renamed "Midgham". According to oral history, the name Midgham was used in preference to Woolhampton in order to avoid possible confusion with the much larger Wolverhampton railway station; the GWR having reached Wolverhampton in 1854.
The station was subsequently renamed twice by British Rail: on 2 November 1964 it became "Midgham Halt" but on 5 May 1969 it reverted to "Midgham". The station name was subtitled "for Douai Abbey" until refurbishment with current Network Rail signage.