Skip to content


SideTracked - Reedham

A cache by Dr Evil. Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 07/21/2016
2 out of 5
2 out of 5

Size: Size:   micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!


How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


About SideTracked Caches

This cache belongs to the SideTracked series. It is not designed to take you to a magical place with a breath taking view. It's a distraction for the weary traveller, but anyone else can go and find it too. More Information can be found at the SideTracked Website.

About SideTracked - Reedham

Reedham railway station is a railway station in the south of Purley in the London Borough of Croydon on the Tattenham Corner Line. The local area is residential and the station is near the A23 Brighton Road. The Brighton main line is adjacent, but is not served by this station.

Although occasionally referred to as Reedham (London), it is more commonly and officially known as Reedham (Surrey to distinguish it from Reedham railway station in Norfolk.

The station was opened by the South Eastern and Chatham Railway on its branch line to Tattenham Corner as Reedham Halt on 1 March 1911. Situated 49 chains (990 m) from Purley railway station, it was built with 300-foot (91 m) long platforms and adjoined an overbridge crossing Old Lodge Lane in Purley. It took its name from the nearby Reedham Asylum for Fatherless Children, founded in Richmond by philanthropist Andrew Reed in 1844. The asylum was renamed Reedham Orphanage in 1904 and Reedham School in 1950. It closed in 1980, but the trust which ran it still occupies the original lodge (gatehouse) of the estate.

After a period of temporary wartime closure between 1917 and 1919, the halt became a station on 5 July 1936. On 12 May 1980, the suffix "Surrey" was added to the station's name to distinguish it from Reedham (Norfolk). Some timetables used to refer to the station as "Reedham (GLC)". Having first been lengthened in advance of electrification of the line in 1928, the platforms were again extended in 1982 to take eight-car trains in the days when a train had both a driver and a guard. However nowadays, due to lack of station CCTV to assist the driver to close the doors safely, trains without train-mounted external cameras are only permitted to open the doors on the first four carriages.


The Cache

This cache is a bison container. Bring a pen or pencil to sign the log.

PLEASE BE AWARE - This can be a busy spot with people coming and going or just simply waiting for a bus.

Extreme stealth is needed.

Please return the cache to exactly the same place it was found, and make sure it's tucked in out of sight.

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high buildings and narrow streets in this area, GPS can have very low accuracy.

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Jvgu lbhe onpx gb gur fgngvba, vgf ba lbhe yrsg.

Decryption Key


(letter above equals below, and vice versa)