Jūs stāvat pie Sv.Jāņa Pilcenes kapu vārtiem un atceraties, ka pirms 18 gadiem te bija pilns koku, kā vecos kapos pienākas, bet 1998.g.jūnijā te nogāja garām virpuļviesulis un izravēja visus kokus ceļa vienā pusē, otru ceļa pusi atstādams neskartu.
Vecajā kapsētas daļā 1992.g. no Vācijas ir pārapbedīts ievērojamais latgaļu grāmatizdevējs Vladislavs Locis (Loucis), kura akmens pieminekli ir veidojis tēlnieks Bērtulis Buļs. Uz pieminekļa attēlots latgaļu kareivja tēls ar lāpu rokās un ''Latgaļu izdevniecības'' emblēmu.
The oldest part of Piļcine cemetery - St.John's Cemetery - was opened around 1815. Around 1920's the cemetery was expanded across the road because of the lack of space. The new cemetery is Piļcine St.Sylvester cemetery.
A significant Latgalian book publisher Vladislav Locis (1912-1984) was reburied at old cemetery between his German grandparents' graves in 1992. Heaven seeks Latgalian warrior's figure with torch in his hands and the "Latgale publishing'' emblem adorned by the sculptor Bertulis Buls. V.Locis tried himself in publishing and writing, then he founded a publishing house in 1939 in Daugavpils, where during the 2nd World War were issued Latgalian's best literature, the history of Latgale's sources research works. In 1944, he and the staff of the publishing house (and a bunch of records company did not manage to print) fled and spent a period of exile in Germany, where he continued publishing activity until the end of his life. His contribution counts 150 books, 51 release of ''Calendar of your land'', the newspaper ''Voice of Latgale'' and ''Latgale'', magazine ''Life'', 6 scientific papers ''Acta Latgalica'', 6 collections of articles ''Olūts'', 32 commemorative stamps series. The book publisher saved Piļcine church from demolition by the help of United Nations in 1974.
Dean's D.Trimaļnīks tomb is found at the newer part of the cemetery next to the central cross. At the cemetery entrance on the left side buried 5 Belevičs and 3 Babris family men who were brutally killed by Soviet Army on April 25, 1945. To frighten others Soviet Authorities were keeping them in Dricani market square for 3 days, then buried at Saukavīši. Reburying was possible only after the restoration of Latvian statehood in 1993.