From Public Service Railway by Sennstrom and Francis, pg.175
“North Jersey Rapid Transit owned eight passenger cars and one line car.”
These were double-ended railroad roof, heavy Jewett interurban cars.
NJRT was by no means a ‘light rail’ operation.
PSE&G has preserved the right-of-way (ROW) for much of the old NJRT route.
Ramsey has a bike trail with markers and observable artifacts. (GC: NJRT #01 to #07)
By 1912, NJRT was in receivership, and finally bought in 1928 by Public Service,
they hadn't paid their electric bills. Public Service merged it into their railways
(Public Service Railways), which also owned the Hudson River Lines that the NJRT
connected with in East Paterson (Elmwood Park).