" THE INDIAN TRAIL DOWN the WHITE WATER VALLEY " was authored by J.L. Heineman, Fourth Edition, 1929. The map in the book was also referenced. Three caches on this trail are also located in the original plat of Connersville from 1818.
The Hose House is one of our favorite historical sites in Connersville. Note the small concrete arch above the door that reads, “First Division…1870….Hose House.” In 1870, Connersville was divided into three wards (or divisions) for fire protection. This curious, small red brick building was called a “hose house”. This is where the firemen stored their horse carts (fire engines of the time) and their fire hoses.
Please note, this geocaching series was endorsed by the State of Indiana’s Bicentennial Commission as an official INDIANA BICENTENNIAL LEGACY PROJECT! We are extremely proud of this designation.