Extending the popular SideTracked Series of caches
Asfordby railway station was a station serving the villages of Asfordby and Kirby Bellars in Leicestershire. The station was situated at a level crossing on the road between the two villages. It opened in 1846 and was originally named Kirby, but had been renamed Asfordby by 1863. It closed to passengers in 1951 but remained in use for goods until 1964.
Opened by the Midland Railway on the Syston and Peterborough Railway, it became part of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway during the Grouping of 1923. The station then passed on to the London Midland Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948. It was then closed by the British Railways Board.