THE MARYLAND GEOCACHING SOCIETY
cordially invites you to attend its
2017 FALL PICNIC
Kirkwood and Widmyer Parks
Saturday, October 14th
10am to 4pm
Join us for the Maryland Geocaching Society’s annual Fall Picnic and Campout in Hancock, Maryland! Everyone who has an interest in geocaching is invited to come and join in the fun. You need not be a member of the MGS to attend. Whether you have 10 or 10,000 finds, this event is for you! New to the game? New to the area? Visiting from out of town? Please drop in and introduce yourself – we’d love to meet you!
Kirkwood Park Pavilion
The Town of Hancock has once again opened its doors to the MGS for our Fall Picnic Weekend. The Saturday picnic will be held in the new pavilion at Kirkwood Park (listed coordinates). Camping areas will be made available for geocachers in nearby Widmyer Park (see additional waypoint) from Friday through Sunday. RV's and campers will be allowed to park at Widmyer,
and the pool bathhouse will be opened for the weekend for campers to use. Please read this announcement for an important update on shower availability. A fire ring with firewood will provided by the town. Pets are allowed in both parks, however they must be leashed at all times.
Our schedule for Saturday:
- 10am: Set-up & grill fire-up
- 10.30am–1.30pm: Eating, caching, Poker Run, eating, 50/50, socializing, eating
- 1.30–3pm: Annual Corn Hole Tournament
- 3pm: 50/50 Raffle and Pathtag Starter Kit Raffle winners announced
- 3.15pm: Group photo
- 3.30pm: Clean-up
Please bring your favorite potluck dish to share. Post a ‘Will Attend’ log if you are planning to come, and please visit the Volunteer & Food List to post which food items you plan to bring to the potluck picnic and whether you'd like to help with grilling or clean-up. The event will be held rain or shine. We hope to see you there!
Additional weekend events:
- Friday, 6–8pm: Early Bird Party on the Deck (GC7CF85)
- Saturday, 8–9.30pm: Friends ’Round the Campfire (GC78ZKZ)
- Sunday, 8–9am: Sunday Morning Breakfast (GC7CRN2)
- Sunday, Noon–1pm: WMRT and C&O Canal CITO (GC7CRPK)
- Sunday, 1.15–2.30pm: A Bloody Brunch on the Deck (GC7CRQ9)