VILLAGE SIGN KENNINGHALL
Village signs is a series of caches based on the ornate signs that depict the heritage, history and culture of the villages that put them up (normally on the village green!).
The name Kenninghall comes from the Saxon word Cyning (king) and Halla (palace).
Kenninghall is a village in the County of Norfolk. The site was the home of the kings of East Anglia. After the invasion of William the Conqueror in 1066, he granted the estate to William of Albany, and his heirs, as a residence for the Chief Butler of England at the Coronation of the British Monarch