Although the original station building and platforms still survive, they are now privately owned. There is also an active level crossing here where trains still go along the same line.
Six Mile Bottom Station was opened on 4 April 1848 and was originally run by the Newmarket and Chesterford Railway. It was closed completely on 2 January 1967. This view towards Dullingham shows the platform as it is now, opposite the old station building.
An old view of the station and platform in about 1905:
Another old postcard view of the station and platform a little later in about 1908:
The map below shows the relationship of Six Mile Bottom station to others on the line in 1950 (many now gone).
For more information on SideTracked Caches please visit www.SideTrackedSeries.co.uk