Village Signs is a series of caches based on the ornate signs that depict the heritage, history and culture of the villages that put them up.
Clopton is a village and civil parish in Suffolk. It is located between Ipswich and Debenham two kilometres north of Grundisburgh on the River Lark. The village is no larger than a series of houses either side of the B1078, surrounded by farm land. The village itself has no clear centre; houses and other buildings are concentrated around the four manors of Kingshall, Brendhall, Rousehall and Wascolies, all of which are mentioned in the Domesday Book
As of 2011, the population of the parish numbered 375 people. The village previously had a school, which was built in 1875 and had capacity for 100 pupils with an average attendance of 56, however it closed in the late 1930s. Pupils instead attend schools in Grundisburgh or Woodbridge, with a bus service provided by Suffolk County Council
If anybody would like to expand the series please contact Smokeypugs here