Tin and wolfram were first mined from Storys Creek in 1895, originally via blind adits driven into outcrops in Side Creek which drains into Storys Creek below the later established mine site. Storeys Creek Mining Company (note different spelling of name) was established soon after the turn of the century, and expanded the Side Creek workings. By the early 1920's the Storeys Creek Tin Mining syndicate was the main wolfram producer in the State and an important producer of tin. By1960 Storeys Creek Mine had produced about 800 tonnes of tin and 6300 tonnes of wolfram concentrates. Ore was processed at the Storeys Creek Mine until December 1971 when the processing plant was shut down, and then ore was transferred to the Rossarden mine for processing.
A bit of a rummage around the town gave enough goodies to consider a cache. Its a lovely area, plenty of places for camping. Accessible by 2wd cars (caution required during winter.
Wearing closed shoes is recommended around Storys Creek due to the demolition that has happened in the town.