Skip to Content

<

✟ BUZEINS : Un Calvaire ✟

A cache by tigaranoir Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 05/13/2017
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size: micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Related Web Page

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


Le petit village antique de Buzeins est un endroit riche en multiples découvertes … Son église, sa fontaine, ses différentes bâtisses à l’architecture typiquement rouergate en font tout le charme traditionnel.

 De son "Puech" qui est un ancien volcan, une magnifique vue s'offre sur la Vallée de l'Aveyron, les Monts d'Aubrac, le Lévézou et les Cévennes.

Le bourg de Buzeins se situe sur un petit plateau à cheval sur la vallée de l’Aveyron et celle de Vimenet.

 Le village fut bâti dans une zone où l’eau coule en abondance. En effet, l’eau se trouve avoir une importance vitale dans ce bourg et cela se traduit par le soin particulier porté à la création de nombreuses fontaines qui forment un riche patrimoine bâti.

 Le Causse, sur lequel se trouve le village de Buzeins, est une aire de peuplement très ancienne : les sites mégalithiques et en particulier les Dolmens sont très nombreux sur la commune de Buzeins. L’origine du peuplement remonte au moins à la période gallo-romaine, de nombreux vestiges et objets ont été découverts et identifiés, éléments qui permettent de dater la création du village.

 Buzeins se situe, comme les autres communes des alentours, sur la ligne de contact entre le plateau calcaire et les couches imperméables où la résurgence assure l’alimentation en eau au pied des coteaux, libérant ainsi les meilleurs terres pour l’exploitation agricole.

 

Si l’on se fie à la légende, Buzeins s’appelait Cuges, probablement du nom de l’affluent de l’Aveyron. La légende raconte que ce village, bâti au sommet d’un volcan qui un jour se réveilla et fut en éruption, fut entièrement détruit par cette catastrophe naturelle. On reconstruisit le village sur le Causse, non loin du pic qui le domine aujourd’hui.

 Buzeins est connu depuis déjà fort longtemps ; en 942 le village se nommait Buzingis. On reconnaît dans ce nom une racine et une dérivation toponymique germaniques ; c’est pourquoi nous supposons que le domaine de Buzeins appartint à des Germains, au cours des premiers siècles de notre ère (du IIIème au Vème siècles). « Buzo » est un nom de personne, de « bod » qui signifie messager.

 L’église St Félix

« Saint Félix », nom donné à l’édifice, signifie heureux. Plusieurs saints ont porté ce nom (papes, évêques…). Le saint patron de l’église de Buzeins serait un diacre martyr, vénéré en Catalogne (Nord Est de l’Espagne).

 Il s’agit d’une église fortifiée, haute de 22 mètres, en forme de croix grecque. Cette forme correspond à la période d’épanouissement des églises fortifiées du Rouergue.

 Cet édifice fut construit au XIIIème siècle sur le site d’un ancien fort édifié au XIème siècle puis remanié de 1460 à 1461 (tour fortifiée). L’église subit la tourmente des guerres de religion et fut reconstruite à la fin du XVIème. Elle fut à nouveau transformée au XIXème siècle avec la construction d’un corps de bâtiment de 3 nefs à 4 travées.

Bonne Promenade et Happy Geocaching ! laugh


The small ancient village of Buzeins is a place rich in many discoveries ... Its church, its fountain, its various buildings with typically rouergate architecture make all the traditional charm.

 From its "Puech" which is an ancient volcano, a magnificent view is offered on the Aveyron Valley, the Monts d'Aubrac, the Lévézou and the Cevennes.

The town of Buzeins is located on a small plateau on horseback on the valley of Aveyron and that of Vimenet.

 The village was built in an area where water flows abundantly. Indeed, water is of vital importance in this borough and this is reflected in the special attention paid to the creation of numerous fountains that form a rich architectural heritage.

 The Causse, on which the village of Buzeins is located, is a very old settlement area: megalithic sites and in particular the Dolmens are very numerous in the commune of Buzeins. The origin of the settlement goes back to at least the Gallo-Roman period, many remains and objects were discovered and identified, elements that make it possible to date the creation of the village.

 Buzeins, like the other communes around it, is situated on the line of contact between the limestone plateau and the impermeable layers where the resurgence ensures the supply of water at the foot of the hills, thus freeing the best land for the farm.

 

According to the legend, Buzeins was called Cuges, probably from the tributary of the Aveyron. Legend has it that this village, built on the top of a volcano which one day woke up and erupted, was completely destroyed by this natural catastrophe. The village was rebuilt on the Causse, not far from the peak which dominates it today.

 Buzeins has been known for a very long time; In 942 the village was called Buzingis. A name and a toponymic root and derivation are Germanic; This is why we assume that the domain of Buzeins belonged to Germans during the first centuries of our era (from the 3rd to the 5th centuries). "Buzo" is a person's name, from "bod" which means messenger.

 The church of St Félix

"Saint Felix", the name given to the edifice, means happy. Several saints have borne this name (popes, bishops ...). The patron saint of the church of Buzeins would be a deacon martyr, venerated in Catalonia (North East of Spain).

 It is a fortified church, 22 meters high, in the shape of a Greek cross. This form corresponds to the period of flourishing of the fortified churches of Rouergue.

 This building was built in the 13th century on the site of an old fort built in the 11th century and then rebuilt from 1460 to 1461 (fortified tower). The church suffered the turmoil of the wars of religion and was rebuilt at the end of the 16th century. It was transformed again in the XIXth century with the construction of a building of 3 naves with 4 spans.

Under the main pedestal, behind a stone. Take a pencil, there are none in the box.

Have a Good walk and Happy Geocaching! laugh

**FTF ginette12150 ** STF Bidule12 ** TTF IronMarco12

Flag Counter

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Fbhf yr fbpyr cevapvcny, qreevèer har cvreer. Cerarm ha penlba, vy a'l ra n cnf qnaf yn obîgr. / Haqre gur znva crqrfgny, oruvaq n fgbar. Gnxr n crapvy, gurer ner abar va gur obk.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.