Openened May 6th1904, closed September 30th 1931.
22 Tram cars built by Brush Electrical machines between 1904 - 1905.
5 second hand cars and 1 tram body were purchased from Ipswich Corporation Tramways.
Construction by Edmundson's Electricity Corporation.
Electric propoltion, 4.9 miles of track (7.39km), 3' 6" gauge.
6" grooved girder rails, 90 lb per yard, by North England Steel Company at a cost of £96,000.