The owners of the land where the school is located was the Rockafellow Family. It was not unknown in those days for a farmer to donate 2 acres of land for a school to be built, so it is reasonable to assume that this school was so named.
The letter authorizing the establishment of the school district was dated June 1, 1905 (3 months before the Province of Alberta was established). In the 29 years the school operated, there were 25 teachers and salaries ranged from $50 to $120 per month.
One of the teachers, Mr. George Wright had 17 students enrolled from Gr. 1 - 8. He was in his 4th year of teaching and his School Inspector's report stated that his students displayed a keen interest in the activities of the school.