Ahoy Mateys! Join us fer a swashbuckling, geocaching adventure. Wear ye best pirate garb and gather yer crew and wee buccaneers to search fer the lost treasure of Mary Hyde hidden on the Bald Mountain.
Date: Saturday, July 15, 2017
Time: 10:00 to Noon
Location: Bald Mountain Recreation Area at the North Trout Lake Picnic area
S. Lapeer Road (between Silverbell and Greenshield)
Lake Orion, MI
This is a geocaching event – all are welcome – so bring yer crew and muggle friends to hunt fer clues and find the treasure.
Ye be advised to prepare for yer search of the treasure:
- Log your intentions on www.geocaching.com
- Ensure yer muggle pirate friends create an account (Pirate names not required – be creative)
- Dress like a pirate prepared to hunt fer treasure in the woods (pirate garb not mandatory – but of course, much more fun!!)
- Ye must have or purchase a State Park Recreation pass fer $11 to enter.
- Lunch will NOT be provided. However, grills be available if ye would like to bring yer own provisions.
- Registered geo-pirates will earn a special online souvenir fer attending the event.
Fer yer after party pleasure, make plans to pack a picnic lunch, search fer established geocaches, enjoy the beach or rent a watercraft. The adventure awaits!
Fer questions regarding watercraft rental pricing/RSVP or Recreation passes, or park related info: contact the Park Office at 248-693-6767. Fer party/event info contact one of yer Captains (event hosts).