About Dalmuir Station
The station here is located on the Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway and opened with the line in May 1858. A new station was completed in 1897 by the North British Railway when they extended the Glasgow, Yoker and Clydebank Railway there from Clydebank - the new line met the older one via Drumchapel immediately west of the original platforms at Dalmuir Park Junction after passing beneath the former GD&HR line a few yards to the east. The station was known as Dalmuir Park between 1952 and 1973
Dalmuir railway station is a railway station serving the Dalmuir area of Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire. It is a large, five platform interchange between the Argyle Line, North Clyde Line and West Highland Line.
The station is very close to the Dalmuir drop lock on the Forth and Clyde Canal.
High muggle area
Tweezers and pen required