From the Emeryville City website:
Oaks Ball Park
The major sports facility (of Emeryville) was undoubtedly the Oaks Ball Park, built in 1912 on the north side of Park Avenue just east of San Pablo Avenue. (Three years after Joseph Emery's death in 1909, his mansion had to be relocated 1 block north to San Pablo and 43rd Street to make way for the ball park; it was subsequently demolished in 1946.) For 43 years the Oakland Oaks played here, winning several pennants in the Pacific Coast League, which also included the San Francisco Seals and the Los Angeles Angels.
The team featured such early baseball luminaries as Russell "Buzz" Arlett, Alfred "Billy" Martin, and Artie Wilson (the Oaks' 1st African American player). Its managers included the legendary Casey Stengel, who left to join the New York Yankees in 1949; Chuck Dressen, who left to manage the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1951; and slugger Mel Ott, who came from the New York Giants to replace Dressen. But amid failing attendance and an abortive attempt to revive fan interest with car races, the ball park was closed in 1955 and the Oaks moved to Vancouver, British Columbia where they became the Mounties.
Today, a small plaque on the north side of Park Avenue commemorates the former location of the ball park, and a number of interesting old photographs of the team are on display in the Oaks Corner restaurant at San Pablo and Park Avenues.
This cache is visually challenging, not physically. Please replace carefully exactly as found.