Wilburton railway station was a station to the north of Wilburton village in Cambridgeshire. It was opened on 16 April 1866 on the Ely and St Ives Railway, and was closed to passengers on 2 February 1931. It was closed completely on 13 July 1964 along with the rest of the route.
The station used to have a single platform, a signal box and a goods shed/granary on a loop. This view shows the station in the 1950's looking westwards.
Apparently the large house near where the road bends today encompasses within it part of the old station buildings.
For more information on SideTracked Caches please visit www.SideTrackedSeries.co.uk