Stretham railway station was a station to the west of Stretham village in Cambridgeshire. It was opened on 16 April 1866 on the Ely, Haddenham & Sutton Railway (which became the Ely & St Ives Railway). This image shows the station and the rails in the 1950's:
The station was closed to passengers on 2 February 1931, although occasional passenger excursion trains used the station until around 1956. It was closed completely on 13 July 1964 along with the rest of the route. This image in the 1970's shows the rails gone and the ground back to garden, but the platform is still there:
The station used to have a single platform, a signal box and a goods loop.
For more information on SideTracked Caches please visit www.SideTrackedSeries.co.uk