In 1905, four brothers moved their families from the USA into the district. There was no school, so an aunt of the students taught the pupils in the home of a local farmer.
The school was built in 1906 and served local students well. As with most rural schools, teachers (mainly young, single ladies) did not stay in the district more than a year or two and moved on or else married a local farmer and became residents of the area.
Glenview along with two other district schools joined together to form Mossleigh Elementary School in 1939.
The Glenview School officially closed in 1945 due to lack of students and the remaining students went to either Mossleigh (east) or Gladys to the west. The building was moved into Mossleigh in 1950.
Information taken from Gladys-Dinton Through the Years local history book.