Ballymodan Church stood in the old burial ground before the Reformation at the south side of the town. From aerial photographs, it can be clearly seen that this graveyard stood within an ancient round fort.The first mention of a church being on this site was in 1291.
The first planters of Bandon used the church before St. Peters was opened for worship in the early 1600s.The graveyard saw the erection of new walls and gates in 1880 and is still in use today.
Inside the gates is the resting place of Cornelius O’Sullivan who died on the 8th January 1907 at Burton on Trent. He worked for Bass and can be regarded as the founder of Bio Chemistry. There is also a stained glass window dedicated to his memory in the Parish Church The cache is a film canister, BYOP..