This area known as Checker Inn road was once the location of a tea house called Checker Inn because they painted black and green checkers on everything. They opened June 2, 1923 closed 1927 or 28.They served light lunch through the week and chicken on Sunday.In 1925 they added a dance pavilion and concrete dance floor. It was THE PLACE to go back then. The dance floor is still visible at the iron gate BUT there is NO TRESPASSING on the property. The cache is on the south side of the road from the actual Inn location.