The cache is not at the posted coordinates but if you go to them you might see me.
I wanted to create a puzzle cache that celebrates all the December birthday’s as mine is the same day Saint Nicholas AKA Santa Claus. I like history and wanted to throw out some fun events or not so fun events that happen in December. This is my first puzzle cache so go easy on me lol.
To solve the puzzle simply just find the dates in December that these events occurred.
1) 1776 Thomas Paine publishes his 1st "American Crisis" essay beginning "These are the times that try men's souls"
2) 1955 Rosa Parks is arrested for refusing to move to the back of a bus and give her seat to a white passenger in Montgomery, Alabama
3) 1941 Imperial Japanese Navy with 353 planes attack US fleet at Pearl Harbor Naval Base, Hawaii, killing 2,403 people
4) 1747 Great Britain & Netherlands sign military treaty
5) 1879 Thomas Edison privately demonstrated incandescent light at Menlo Park
6) 1966 NBA awards Seattle Supersonics a franchise for 1967-68 season
7) 1887 Sherlock Holmes 1st appears in print: "Study in Scarlet"
8) 1787 New Jersey becomes 3rd state to ratify US constitution
9) 1868 The first traffic lights are installed outside the Palace of Westminster in London. Resembling railway signals, they use semaphore arms and are illuminated at night by red and green gas lamps.
10) 1891 1st game of basketball, based on rules created by James Naismith, played by 18 students in Springfield, Massachusetts.
11) 1154 King Henry II of England crowned
12) 1808 James Madison elected 4th US President and George Clinton Vice-President
13) 1848 US President Polk triggers Gold Rush of 1849 by confirming gold discovery in California
14) 1874 1st reigning king to visit US is the King of Hawaii, received by President Grant
15) 1775 First official US flag raised (Grand Union Flag) aboard naval vessel USS Alfred
16) 2013 China successfully lands its moon rover on the moon
17) 1907 First Christmas Seals sold (Wilmington, Delaware, post office)
18) 1793 1st state road authorized, Frankfort, Kentucky to Cincinnati
You can validate your puzzle solution with certitude.