About SideTracked Caches
This cache belongs to the SideTracked series. More Information can be found at the SideTracked Website
About Fidler's Ferry Station
Fidler's Ferry Station is located on the line operated by the St Helens and Runcorn Gap Railway, which was absorbed into the London and North Western Railway from 1 August 1864. The line duly passed to the LMS at grouping and to London Midland Region of British Railways at nationalisation in 1948.
The line through the station continued in normal passenger use until 10 September 1962 when the Liverpool Lime St to Warrington via Widnes South service was withdrawn, though a lone late night Liverpool to York Postal continued to use the route until 9 September 1963, when it was diverted via Earlestown to reduce operating costs. Warrington Bank Quay Low Level remained open until 14 June 1965, but it is unclear what traffic this served along the route after the Postal was diverted.
Today the tracks through the station site remain heavily used, primarily by trains to and from Fiddlers Ferry Power Station, though a few other booked freights and occasional diversions use the line through to Ditton Junction.
To Find The Geocache
Count the number of the largest windows on the longest side of the station building - this is AB
Count the number of the letter D on the sign on the West end of the building - this is C
The cache is hidden at N53 22.AA(B x 4) W002 40.(C + 3)(C + 6)(C + 7)