Chettisham railway station was opened on 14 January 1847 as a station of the Eastern Counties Railway (ECR) route between Ely and March and Peterborough. In 1862, the ECR was amalgamated with other railways to form the Great Eastern Railway. The station closed on 13 June 1960. Unlike the village (Chettisham), the station originally used a different spelling - Chittisham, and it was only changed to Chettisham in August 1901.
Looking northwards towards where the old station buildings were:
Chettisham Station in the 1960's:
Looking westwards from Chettisham crossing along the Lynn road towards Ely:
Chettisham had a brief revival in 1991-1992 when temporary platforms were set up and it was called 'Ely Temporary Station' while the real Ely Station (GC7GVRE) was being renovated for the electification of the line between Cambridge and Kings Lynn. Freight trains (as well as passenger trains) can often be seen travelling through Chettisham: