The Northern Virginia Geocaching Organization would like for you to join us at noon on May 6, 2018 for our annual spring event.
200 S Four Mile Run Drive
Arlington, VA 22206
Time: 11:30 am to 2pm
Barcroft Park Pavillion
As well as the picnic we will be having our 2017 NoVAGO Geocache Awards ceremony. For all curious and avid NoVAGO cachers are encouraged to visit as many of the nominated caches as possible before the picnic. Visit NoVAGO's 2017 Cache Awards for a list of nominees, categories, and more information.
1. Charcoal and fluid for the grills will be provided by NoVAGO.
2. Hamburgers and hot dogs will be provided by NoVAGO.
3. There are quite a few caches in the surrounding area to keep you busy before and after the event!
4. Lawn chairs, blankets, etc. should be considered in case we all can't fit under the pavilion.
5. If you bring Travel Bugs, please exchange them amongst yourselves rather than leave them on a table for trading. They tend to get lost that way and we all know how frustrating that can be.
6. Feel free to take photos during the event and add them to the event page in your logs! You can also post them to the gallery on our website after the event.
7. Please retrieve anything that you wish to from in and around the shelter by 3:00 PM. This includes personal items and any dishes, containers or left over potluck items. We will be cleaning up the area at this time and can not ensure these items will be left undisturbed afterwards.
NoVAGO will provide the hamburgers and hot dogs, while the rest of the food is potluck, provided by event attendees! Keep in mind that even if there are 100 people showing up, you do not need to bring enough to feed 100 people! If 100 people bring enough to feed 100 people, that's way too much food, even for us!
Please post your Will Attend log with what you plan to bring. If you don't know now, please post it as the event gets closer so we can keep track of who is bringing what and try to fill in holes. A list will be posted periodically for you to see what others are bringing. No dish, dessert or drink will get turned away! All food is welcome!