At this location you can see 1 of the 4 mills that operated in this area. There was 1 mill in Laggan, 1 in Binda and 2 in Crookwell.
Anthony Stephenson commenced building the mill in 1869. The opening of the mill was a significant occasion with 250 people in attendance in March 1871. The mill was passed from Stephenson to James Warne in 1874 for £2500. Included in the sale was the neighbouring public house, which was under construction, a small farm and stone cottage. Flour produced at the mill was for both local consumption and transported for sale to Sydney. The mill closed towards the end of the century possibly due to local wheat crop failures as a result of heavy rainfall.
In 1989 member of the Crookwell Mill Museum Inc purchased the mill and undertook some restoration.
In 2018 it was privately purchased with the intention of restoration as a private residence.
There is no need to enter the property to claim this cache.
(references for this cache description come from historic newspapers available through trove.nla.gov.au & environment.nsw.gov.au)