Located near the Wells On Sea station for the Wells and Walsignham Light Railway.
The Norfolk Railway established a line from Wymondham to Dereham in 1847, and extended to Walsingham and Wells-next-the-Sea ten years later, in 1857. During the consolidation of minor railway companies in England, the line became part of the Great Eastern Railway, and during the 1923 Big Four grouping became in turn part of the London and North Eastern Railway.
The 1947 Transport Act nationalised the British railways, and the branch line became part of the Eastern Region of British Railways on 1 January 1948. The line's final steam passenger service ran on 17 September 1955. Services continued using Diesel units until the Beeching Report of 1963. Although the report recommended the retention of parts of the line for freight and express passenger services, it recommended closure of all passenger facilities for local services. The local passenger service between Dereham and Wells ended on 5 October 1964.
Now at one end of the WWLR, which is 4 miles (6.44 km) long, is now the longest 10 1⁄4 in (260 mm) gauge railway in the world. It runs from the coastal town of Wells-next-the-Sea to the village of Walsingham, famous as a centre of pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham. Owing to the difficulty of obtaining authority to operate across main roads via level crossings, the railway operates between a new-build station located on the A149 approximately 1⁄2 mile (0.80 km) south of the original terminus at Wells, and a similar new terminus at Walsingham situated a short distance north of the original GER station, and within sight of it.