Glenwood Gardens features two nature trails: the Garden Loop and the Wetland Loop. The loops wind through the park’s 335 acres of prairies, forests and wetlands. The park also features a Legacy Garden, where residents plant trees dedicated to loved ones. This cache is just feet away from a burial mound and further down the trail, in the Trillium Trails Wildflower Preserve, is a hidden pond that becomes covered in American lotuses in the summer months.
The Great Parks GeoTour (GT88)
The Great Parks GeoTour near Cincinnati, Ohio features 20 geocaches on two trails. One trail, for children and beginners, is located at Sharon Woods and includes five geocaches. The second larger trail, has 14 caches that meet ADA accessibility requirements with the 15th cache being the oldest Geocache in the State of Ohio (not ADA Accessible). Two different GeoCoins will be available for completion of the kids' trail and/or completion of 10 of the 15 caches on the larger trail.
To download the Great Parks GeoTour Passport: CLICK HERE.
There are 2 different Geocoins available through this GeoTour!
- Great Parks GeoTour GeoCoin: This official GeoTour branded, diamond shaped, GeoCoin is available to those who complete at least 10 of the 15 GeoTour stops on the larger trail.
- Kids Trail GeoCoin: This uniquely shaped, GeoCoin is available to those who complete the 5 kid caches available at Sharon Woods.
To earn the GeoTour GeoCoin you must collect "code words" on the front of each logbook at each location.
Geocoins will be available to pick up at Sharon Centre at a later date or shipped for a small fee.
Great Parks GeoTour Locations:
Note: All 5 need to be found to earn the GeoCoin.
Note: Only 10 need to be finished to earn the GeoCoin.
- Shawnee Lookout Cache (GC31A) Shawnee Lookout
- Native American Museum (GC7NRBB) Shawnee Lookout
- Catch and Release (GC7NRB0) Mitchell Memorial Forest
- 11 Acres of Unleashed Fun (GC7NRAZ) Simmonds Dog Park at Miami Whitewater Forest
- Fitness Trails (GC7NRAX) Miami Whitewater Forest
- Adaptive Boating for all (GC7NRAP) Miami Whitewater Forest
- Boat House (GC7NRAC) Winton Woods
- Green Solutions (GC7NRAG) Winton Woods
- Parky's Farm (GC7NRC4) Winton Woods
- Exploring the Discovery Garden (GC7NRA9) Glenwood Gardens
- Garden Trails (GC7NRAA) Glenwood Gardens
- Fishing Docks (GC7NRBW) Lake Isabella
- Scenic Views (GC7NRBN) Woodland Mound
- Rails to Trails (GC7NRBJ) Bass Island at Little Miami Golf Center
- Ancient History (GC7NRAM) Sharon Woods
- Parks are open from dawn to dusk.
- All areas that have "Great Parks GeoTour" geocaches are free to access.
- Valid Motor Vehicle Permits are required for every vehicle.
- Daily Motor Vehicle Permit: $3 for Hamilton County Resident.
- Daily Motor Vehicle Permit: $5 for non-resident.
- Annual Motor Vehicle Permit: $10 for Hamilton County Resident.
- Annual Motor Vehicle Permit: $14 for non-resident.
This Geocache location provided by: cache_n_out
Great Parks Geocache Permit Number: 20180519-19