About Derby Nottingham Road Station
Derby Nottingham Road railway station was a railway station about half a mile north of Derby station on the Midland Railway line from Derby to Leeds.
It opened in 1856 and closed in 1967.
The station today is not accessible as the approach and enterances are used as storage for the builders yard. However, The station can still be seen from the footbridge that crosses the inner ring road.
The two furthest tracks from the footbridge were the passenger platforms. The two closest were reserved for freight trains.
The cache is not accessible from Eastgate; please either walk from town centre or use the road parking available on Nottingham Road.