Part of the SideTracked series of caches.
Sidcup railway station opened on 1 September 1866 with the opening of the Dartford Loop Line. The station was built 1 mile (1.6 km) north of Sidcup town centre in the parish of Lamorbey. It had a small goods yard positioned on the down side and a station master's house. A new booking office was built in 1887. In the early 1890s a signal box was built on the up side which was in use until November 1970. A station hotel was built near the entrance to the goods yard. The hotel was demolished in 1975.
In the 1930s the station was partially rebuilt with new platform canopies. In 1955 the platforms were lengthened to take ten coach trains. In 1965 a footbridge was constructed between the up and down platforms which allowed the closure of the down side booking office. The goods yard closed in August 1966. The following year a short turnback siding was opened at a cost of £50,000 on the down side to the east of the platforms on part of the former goods yard. This enabled services to start or terminate from the station without blocking the main running lines. It was extended in 2013 to accommodate 12 car trains. The remaining area of the goods yard became a car park.
In 1988 a new brick built entrance and booking hall with a glazed pitched-roof opened on the up side. In 1992 the platforms were extended to take twelve coach trains.
In January 2017 the old cross-platform bridge was fully removed, with the new bridge built further along the platform.
You are looking for a magnetic cache.