Another in the "Lest We Forget" Series that started around Aberdeen more than ten years ago and has since spread around the country.
This war memorial, made from red and grey granite, was erected at a cost of £980 paid for by public subscription.
It was unveiled on 8th July 1922 by R. S. Barrett, agent to Seaton Burn Coal Company (who had donated the site), and was dedicated by the Rev. J.H. Mawson.
The iron railings surrounding the memorial were refurbished in 2012 by local volunteers.