Black Bank railway station was a station in East Cambridgeshire, but is now just a level crossing next to where the station once stood, although the goods shed is still standing. The station was opened on 14 January 1847, originally as Little Downham station, but its name was changed to Black Bank in November 1853. The cache is hidden close to the crossing. This is the crossing as it is now:
On the Great Eastern Railway, the preceding station was Manea, and the following stations Chettisham and Ely (both the latter also have SideTracked caches) Chettisham and Ely
This old OS map and aerial view shows the position of the station. On the map note the station, the goods shed and two footbridges (F.B.), one on either side of the crossing.
Black Bank station was closed to passengers on 17 June 1953, and to goods on 19 April 1965. This view shows the station in March 1963 :
For more information on SideTracked Caches please visit www.SideTrackedSeries.co.uk