In 1909 the government announced plans to build a railway from Tailem Bend to Brown’s Well. Once surveying of the railway began, Hundreds of land were also declared and land surveyed for wheat farmers. The Hundred of Hooper, with Wynarka as the only township, was the first land opened up for farming east of Murray Bridge. Land sections were sold in June 1911.
This cache is placed near the spot where the first service in the Hundred of Hooper was held by the Rev. John Blacket of the Methodist Ministry, on the 5th October 1911.
The town of Wynarka, just a couple of streets around the railway siding and a parkland belt, was established in 1913.
A timber-framed Methodist church opened in 1913 and a government school operated in this church from 1914. The school was moved to the stone hall building in 1927. The school closed in 1940 when Karoonda Area School was opened. The timber-framed Methodist Church was replaced with a new besser brick one in February 1971. The church closed in the 1990s and is now a private home. The old timber-framed Methodist Church is now located in the Pioneer Park in Karoonda.
The cache is a screw topped black plastic container. It contains a bagged logbook, stashnote, pencil and half a dozen swaps.