Church Micro 12054...Bassingbourn - URC
Chapel. 1790 with C19 additions and alterations. Timber-framed with roughcast render and plain tiled roofs, gault brick and slated roof additions. One galleried storey. Original building with double hipped roof of three 'bays' extended with an apse to the east accommodating the vestry with organ gallery above. Late C19 brick extension of one 'bay' to north with symmetrical gabled entrance facade. Double doors and two side doors recessed with band of pointed lights to three fanlights. Portico with four octagonal piers. Three two-light gallery windows with leaded light and stuccoed drip moulds; quatrefoil in apex and apex finial. Interior: Gallery on three sides supported on wooden columns with 'W.W fecit 1802' on painted roundel on east side. Marble tablet to Rev. Sam Bull, the first pastor of the church ordained 1791, died 1826, on south wall. Samuel Dodkin (d.1808) left money for the upkeep of the chapel.
This is a multi cache and IS NOT at the published coordinates.
The cache is a 30ml tube.
To find the cache:
At the published coordinates you will find a brown information board. Check out the two lines of writing right at the top of the board.
The number of letters in the first word on the first line is A.
The number of letters in the second word on the first line is B.
The number of letters in the third word on the first line is C.
The number of letters in the first word on the second line is DE.
N 52° 04.EEC
W 000° 03.(D+E)(B-D)C
Checksum of all digits in the coordinates = 40