About SideTracked Caches
This cache belongs to the SideTracked series. It is not designed to take you to a magical place with a breath taking view. Its a distraction for the weary traveller, but anyone else can go and find it too. More Information can be found at the SideTracked Website
About ANZAC Rifle Range Station
The ANZAC Rife Range Station was built in 1917 as part of the army camp. Labour from the Holsworthy Internment Camp was used to build the line. Leaving the main southern line near Liverpool Station, it crossed the Georges River by a bridge, the remains of which can still be seen. Although the line was officially closed in 1977, the last train was believed to have run in 1960.
The name ANZAC Rifle Range was transferred to the current range at Malabar in 1970.
The remains of a bridge over Harris Creek, near the current Holsworthy Station are the only other remains of the line.
Find more about the rail line into the Anzac Rife Range here.