The NEO GEO
NEOGEO is proud to announce that is has adopted a 2 mile section of 480, located between the Columbia Road Exit and Stearns Road Exit. Over the year we will have at least 4 opportunities to clean up this section and at the same time make a difference in this 2 mile section or freeway.
If you would like to be part of this, we will be meeting at the posted coordinates starting at 1:30 p.m. From there we will work on assigning a role so that everyone who comes can help in some fashion. Clean up will start at 2:00 p.m., and continue until 4:00 p.m., or possible longer. You are not obligated to stay the whole time, just know that any and all help would be appreciated.
Items to note before coming
1. We will be cleaning up along an active highway. So children under the age of 12 will not be allowed to help in the clean-up. But not to worry, we have other very important tasks that they can help with at command central. As for children 12 to 17, they are welcome to participate ONLY when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
2. Those in the clean-up crew will be walking in high grass so be away that ticks can and probably will be out so dress accordingly.
3. If you have a grabber/trash stick bring that along as we will only have a few available to loan out.
4. A bucket to put trash into. Even though we will have trash bags a bucket it easier to work with and carry. We will have a few buckets to use in case you need one.
5. Gloves, cause we sure don’t want you picking up trash with your bare hands. We have latex gloves that will help with keeping your hands dry. However, if you have leather gloves or gloves that are very durable, you might want to bring them along.
6. Bright color clothing or reflective attire. We will have some vests to hand out but just in case we don’t have enough please try and bring your own.
7. Those who will be cleaning up along the highway are required to watch the following ODOT compliance video located HERE
There will be more details given out once you arrive, but these are important to point out before you arrive.
Some small notes, water will be supplied along with snacks. Those who will be part of the shuttle service will be taking around water and snacks for those who are working along the road side. We don’t want anyone over heating out there.
Prior to our clean up we will be in contact with ODOT who will be placing caution signs out on the freeway for our safety, again this is an active highway so please be aware.
Note that this is a two mile section both ways, so we will be cleaning a 4 mile section. In order to complete this task we will have multiple groups that will be shuttled to specific locations. We will only be responsible for clearing the grassy section of the freeway and not the median.
Now for the legal: By participating in this Event Cache, you are agreeing to the guidelines and liability limitations as described by Groundspeak's Geocaching.com Disclaimer that can be found here, and on all other cache pages. Additionally, you agree and understand that you are participating as an individual, and that NEOGEO has no insurance and assumes no liability in the unlikely event of a mishap.