War Memorial #523 ~ Ickleton
The war memorial is on the village green in Church Street opposite the parish church of St. Mary. It takes the form of an obelisk mounted on a square base with a two-stepped base. The inscription if to be found on the front face of the obelisk. The whole memorial is surrounded by iron railings. The memorial was first unveiled by Mrs Bowen and dedicated by local clergymen and dignitaries 7th March 1920. The architects were Messrs Whitehead and Day, the builders were Messrs Godfrey and Sons.
This is a multi cache and IS NOT at the published coordinates.
The cache is a 30ml tube.
To find the cache:
At the published coordinates you will find the war memorial. Check this out.
The number of letters in the full name of the seventh name underneath the years 1914-1919 is AB.
The number of names underneath the years 1914-1919 is CD.
N 52° (D-D)B.DD(B+B)
E 000° C(A-C).(A+B)(A+C+D)B
Checksum of all digits in the coordinates = 49
***** PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT *****
CACHES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE PLACED ON ACTUAL MEMORIALS OR WITHIN THE BOUNDARY OF SUCH
AT ALL TIMES PLEASE TREAT LOCATIONS OF MEMORIALS WITH RESPECT