Newark Castle Railway Station is a Grade II listed building, achieving the status on 19 May 1971.
Originally built in 1846 by the Midland Railway Company, this building was one of the first to be opened for them as a new company. It was closed for many years before partially re-opening as a ticket office in 2016. Toilets are available with a small waiting area. The station provides two shelters, bicycle storage, timetables and modern 'Help Points'.
There was a previous geocache at this location. The archived listing can be found here.